Tuesday 26 August 2014

About snippets and fragments

It is now over two years since I wrote my first blog post (and nearly eight months since the second!!)
I spoke of all the thoughts that I've wanted to share for as long as I can remember.
Many of them have been jotted down on scraps of paper and some in lovely notebooks given as presents on Mother's day and the like.
These two lovely words 'snippets' and 'fragments' seem to describe my jottings, both literally and metaphorically. Little by little, I'm hoping to work through the scraps of paper in order to remove the 'literary litter' of my life.
It's been a joy to finally feel I can send these 'messages in an e-bottle' out to who knows whom.
Here, I want to admit that most nights, before I go to bed, I look at my post views and it's amazing to see that, let's say last night, the number had gone up from 727 the night before to 757. I don't know if that's a lot or a little but it means a lot to me.
To those of you who have read any or all of my snippets and fragments I'd like to say thank you. Although I don't know you and you don't know me, we've made a connection and that, for me, is both a great privilege and such a pleasure.
 .

No comments: