Sunday 15 June 2014

A postscript on 'The Messiness of Life'

I was checking what I'd written on this when the phrase, 'most of us are muddling our way through', struck me. How can I write this? I don't know how others feel. I'm just surmising, assuming - and hoping - that others feel as I do. Wrong; I can't do that, can I.

So I decided to consult the oracle, ie husband!
"Do you feel muddled?" "No!" "Well why didn't you say?" (I had read it to him first on this occasion.) "I didn't like to". (Well that's a turn up for the books; he's usually more than ready, tactfully, of course (I don't think) to point out where I'm going wrong!)
Anyway, don't tell him, but he wouldn't know if he was muddled; and if he did, it wouldn't bother him!

However, I do feel that I need to re-phrase my comments.
Should it be 'many of us' or 'some of us'? Is it a female tendency?

Whatever the answer, I'm still really hoping that it's not just me.
If it is, I'm in trouble!




No comments: