Monday 4 May 2020

Some more thoughts for parents

Whatever you do, dear parents, please do not make your children the centre of your lives because, one day, they'll be off doing their own thing - and this is right - but you do not want it to leave an unfillable hole in yours.

Make each other the centre of your lives and that will be the best gift you can give them to help them fly off from solid ground and that security will stay with them all their lives.

A PS for single parents, of which I was one for the best part of ten years when my three children were very young; I always made sure that they knew that I had friends and a life of my own so that they wouldn't worry about or feel responsible for me and would feel free to have their own lives.

In two out of the three cases, it went well. Well, you can't win them all, can you.