Friday 3 March 2017

Poem - The land of Unsmiling Eyes

And here I stand
Lone in this land, 
Where eyes unsmiling go,
As so go I.

I, as driftwood,
Cast adrift on strange seas,
Buffeted and tossed by waves,
Which hither, thither, all seemingly, at random flow,
As so go I.

But you as strength, 
Becalm those stormy seas,
And, as a calm and steady breeze 
Instills tranquillity in waves to gently flow,
Then so go I.

And here we stand,
Joined is this land 
Where eyes now smiling go,
As so go we.


The first two verses of this poem came into my head at around the same time as the previous poem.
When I met husband-to-be, he, on my reading the rather woeful lines to him, though never a big lover of poetry, came up with the ideas for the last two verses, which, if nothing else, are certainly more upbeat, to say the least!!