Sunday 24 January 2016

On sorting things out

I wrote this some time ago and am now trying to figure out what I meant.

Your House  (your life?)

You have to sweep it clean 
               and keep it clean!

I think I meant that we can never assume that our houses/lives are definitively sorted even when we've had a classic clean up and think,"That's it now, that's the definitive version. I'll never need to sort that again; I'll be able to keep it just so!!"
I usually find I manage that for a while and then, oh so gradually, it slides back into the mire.
Once the slide has started, it's downhill all the way because it needs such a massive effort to turn the tide. (A few mixed metaphors there; sorry!)
Having written about messiness quite a few times, I think it's probably pretty obvious that this is the story of my life and I hope I'm not too alone in this because it would be a lonely situation!







No comments: