Friday 20 November 2015

About 'cold calls': a post script

After the 'oh so cool, calm and collected' account of my dealings with the above, two days later my poise, such as it is, was dented by a call on my MOBILE, would you believe! (How do they find our numbers?!)
A voice, which addressed me by name, as far as I can remember, before I could say anything, launched into "I believe you've been involved in an accident which wasn't your fault".
Well, I just found myself putting the phone down immediately, in real annoyance; the civil and studied politeness disappeared through the window!
The outrage was compounded by the fact that not only was it lunchtime, a much treasured time in the home of this branch of the early-retired, a group of which husband and I are grateful members, on top of that, the call interrupted "Bargain hunt"! I rest my case!!

PS I would like it known that the said programme is, of course, our only recourse to daytime television and is time-shared, be it noted, with eating. (Otherwise, I'd never get anything done!)