Tuesday 22 September 2015

About, I suspect, a little known and unusual aspect of using lipstick

I've never used a great deal of make-up but I've always loved using lipstick so I was fascinated to be told by one of my friends that everyone who does so, unknowingly shapes the end in a unique way.
I was delighted by this because the end of all my lipsticks gradually forms into what, to me, is a beautiful curved surface which, until then, I had assumed was the case for every other lipstick user.
Well no; apparently, this is not true; some end in flat surfaces, some in a point and, I now imagine, in a infinite variety of shapes. Ask your friends about their lipsticks. It could be an interesting study.
(I have to admit a sneaky sense of vanity that mine are so artistic as it's not a quality with which I'm generally associated!)
Postscript
The only other person I knew whose lipstick end looked remarkably like mine was - my Auntie Joan; co-incidence or what!! Could it be a family trait??


No comments: