Thursday 12 February 2015

About why 'no comments'

This may not really require an answer but I feel I'd like to try and explain.

It seems that many people expect a blog to be a two-way communication but, for me, as I said at the outset, I always intended my jottings to be messages in a bottle, to be sent out to who knows whom.

I imagine that people who like to look at blog-posts, make a decision to read or not to read, based on a title  and maybe a sentence or two. The hope is that someone who is attracted to follow a particular blog is in tune with the sort of things that the author likes to commit to the e-waves.

So why no comments then; two simple words may explain; they are EGO and FEAR. Ego is somewhat of a failing in my background and I know I've been tarnished with its brush. (I'm fairly good at hiding it because I know it's a most unattractive quality but I know it's there!)

If I received complimentary comments, I know they could so easily go to my head and I could become even more carried away with myself than I am already. As to fear, uncomplimentary or even rude comments would upset me more than I can say and certainly more than they should, and possibly/probably cripple and stifle the truest voice that I strive to find and use.

So I hope that explains my choice. To anyone who has read anything I've written and has felt a sense of communication and understanding, I say, I couldn't be more pleased. It is, after all, why anyone wants to write, surely; to give and to be received.


No comments: